COVID-19 Precautions and Re-opening Procedures
Dear Valued Patients:
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice, as you may have seen during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up to date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations. You will see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and team.
• Our office has been sprayed with an inert, virucidal and bactericidal coating to prevent viable bacteria and viruses from lingering on any surface. We also have ultra HEPA air purifiers in each treatment room to filter out aerosols, viruses, bacteria, allergens and particulates.
• Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office. If you are not able to speak directly with someone in the office, please download the Patient Screening Form, then complete, scan and email the form to us (firstname.lastname@example.org) prior to your appointment. You can also fax it to us at 410-667-4517.
• We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter and before you exit the office. You will also find some in other places in the office for you to use as needed. We will also be taking your temperature as you arrive in the reception area.
• You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
• Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
• We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call Debbie or Lisa at 410-667-0400.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Kevin Fielding, DDS and Team